Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I created this super funny Halloween Party invitation for a co-worker. The theme: Counciltucky Bash (she lives in Council Bluffs, so she can do that!)



Recently I also designed some 30th birthday invitations. They chose the first option (stripes and big cake).


Also, a quick update on my family church photos. I got a phone call a couple days before the shoot remind us of the date, time, etc. The lady on the phone also mentioned that we were welcome to bring pets. Wow! Since we don't have any children, we thought it would be a great opportunity to get a family photo taken with our dog, Lacey.

I learned 2 things that day:
(1) Don't take a pet unless you were planning on taking your pet all along. Lacey desperately needed a haircut and managed to leave her coarse, wire hair ALL over everything, including my clothes.
(2) Plan your wardrobe around the pet. No dark colors that show dog hair and definitely don't wear a knit sweater that she can catch her nails in. The outfit I spent 3 hours at the mall finding became a one-time usage type outfit... unless knit sweaters with large holes come in fashion.

Needless to say, we ended up with a cute photo of the three of us and I learned that Lacey doesn't just pose for me using the camera... but ANYONE using a camera. She did get a little freaked out with all the flashes but I can't wait to get the prints! I think next time we'll leave the pets at home!




No comments: